The ever lovely Lauren, from Dilan & Me, tagged my in her ‘Twenty Wishes for 2017’ post and I love the concept. It’s similar to my yearly to do list but instead these are wishes rather than goals. Things I hope will happen this year, not necessarily things I can actively set out to achieve.
5 Personal Wishes
- Continue to see the good in life when things aren’t quite going to plan. I’ve always been an optimist but this year has tested this trait of mine.
- Be more confident in myself. Self confidence is something I really lack. I’d love to be more confident in many areas of my life, but especially in my self worth, in my career and in my blog.
- I’d love for my photograpyh skills to continue to improve. I don’t think I ever will, but I never want to lose the love for it.
- To find time for me in between juggling parenting, house work, career and being a wife. I already have two things planned for the year just for me but it’s not always about the big things. I want to be able to find half an hour to curl up with a good book and a steaming mug of tea and lose myself in the pages.
- To find myself again. I lost myself, the real Franki, when I became a mum. I know I’ll never be that same person again as being a parent definitely changes you, but I’d love to find some of the small pieces I seem to have lost. Becoming a new mum is so all encompassing that you forget who you used to be pre-children. I know she’s there somewhere, I just need to find her again.
5 Blog Wishes
- To continue to grow. Although my blog started as a kind of diary for us, it has since grown from there and I’m really loving it. I hope that people keep coming to our little corner of the web and keep interacting with me, both on the blog and on social media.
- To make me a little bit of money. I’m not asking for fortunes, or even enough to make it my full time job, but a little extra income would be nice.
- To continue meeting amazing new people through the blogosphere and hopefully meet them in real life. I love connecting with other like minded people and my blog has brought some wonderful ladies into my life (Hannah, Lauren & Emily to name just a few) that I would otherwise have never met.
- To collaborate with some of these amazing other bloggers in some way or another. Women together are stronger as they say, and so I’d love to be able to work together with some of these amazing ladies.
- That my blog makes at least one person (apart from me) smile.
5 Family Wishes
- I wish that as a family we settle into our new home with no hiccups or regrets. It is going to be our first own home and I’m so looking forward to it. I just hope it lives up to expectations.
- I really really wish that Luca continues to flourish in school and enjoy his learning journey. At the moment he really is like a sponge, soaking up all the information he can get and then proudly showing of what he has learnt. I’m a bit of a nerd and I love learning. I adored university and really hope to do a master’s as well one day. I hope Luca feels the same as it will make his school years so much easier for him.
- That as a family we once again have a year filled with more fun than sadness. Last year was a rubbish one for us but we still managed to tip the scales in the favour of fun overall.
- A holiday would be lovely next year. Somewhere hot and sunny preferably where we can relax, unwind and enjoy each other’s company.
- We expand. Fate can be cruel sometimes but I’m hoping it will be on our side and we will be able to easily expand our family unit and add another small person to our clan.
- Life is a bit kinder this year for all of my friends and family. There has been too much loss and heartache for my friends and family this year. I really hope this year is much kinder to us all. In fact to the world.
- Brexit & Trump don’t cause too much chaos for us as a nation. As a parent I have so many fears about the future of the world that I am raising my son in. I hope all the scaremongering associated with recent events is all proven wrong.
- Ant gets his dream job and can finally progress a bit further with his career. It’s been on hold for him for a while as there haven’t been many opportunities where we live. I hope this year he starts to climb the ladder once more in the direction he wants.
- To make more memories. This year has reminded me that life is short and to make memories with the ones you love is ultimately the only important thing. I hope to make many, many more memories with my whole family this year.
- Am I allowed to wish for a lottery win. Doesn’t have to be millions, although I wouldn’t say no, but just a large chunk of cash would be lovely.