In 2014 I started my year with a to do list. I have since done this every year and so in January I set myself 10 things to do. Here is a quick recap of those 10 goals and where I am at with them;
1. Go on the Harry Potter studio tour – This is still waiting to be ticked off. We have looked into it a few times but nothing has ever quite come of it.
2. Learn to Snowboard – This is done. I’m so proud of this achievement and can’t wait to get onto the slopes again soon. It was a hard thing to learn and came with many bumps and bruises but it’s been a lifelong dream of mine so I couldn’t be happier that I’ve done it. You can read all about that here if your interested.
3. Have regular date nights with Ant – This began well, we arranged a date night at home each week alternately between us. But then life got in the way and it never really started up again.
4. Apply for my Masters Degree – Another thing still to do. I would absolutely love to get this one done, sooner rather than later, but for now it will have to wait.
5. Buy a house – This is very excitingly becoming closer to a reality. We recently put an early bird holding fee down on a new build we have fallen in love with and at the end of the week we have a meeting to start finalising the house plans. Fingers crossed that by the end of the year this too will be crossed off as I’m getting desperate for our own home now.
6. Blog more – Well this has come in fits and bursts. I started the year off well, then fell behind again. Then in June I took the huge plunge and changed the blog name, bought my own domain, went self hosted and fell in love with this here space of the internet. I have since been part of a productivity course run by the wonderfully talented Aby from You Baby Me Mummy and my blogging game is now definitely on the up, not quite top form yet but I’m getting there.
7. Finish Luca’s patchwork quilt – This has been on my list for the past couple of years and just keeps getting pushed to the back of the queue. I’m hoping to try get it finished before Christmas so I can give it to him as a present.
8. Improve my photography skills – I signed up to a free, year long photography course at the start of the year. I have learnt loads from that and also signed up to a few other courses too. I’ve been practicing and practicing and definitely feel like my photos are much better for it. There is still room for improvement though. Always.
9. Make a plan for baby number 2 – Once we have a house of our own this will really be put into effect.
10. Have an evening to myself once a week to do something just for me – Who was I kidding with this one? I never seem to have a spare minute to myself, never mind an evening. Must try harder on this one.
So now my list looks like this;
- Harry Potter studio tour.
Learn to snowboard.
- Regular date nights.
- Apply for my masters.
- Buy a house.
- Finish patchwork quilt.
- Make plans for baby 2.
- Have an evening to myself once a week.
And I only have 3 months to cross the rest off. It’s looking unlikely don’t you think?